What We Do
The Federation has been an incorporated charity since 1921, and we are proud to have Her Majesty The Queen as our patron. For nearly 100 years, we have been supporting community festivals to provide local opportunities for young performers.
We support almost 300 festivals across the UK & Ireland and beyond, including Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Malta, Singapore, Spain and Sri Lanka. Some festivals have a wide range of music, speech and dance classes, whilst others are more specialist. Festivals offer an educational platform for performance, the opportunity to hear the work of others and the chance to receive feedback from a professional adjudicator.
We support the festival movement by providing information, support, advice and essential services to our members including . . .
- advice and support for members
- a Year Book with details of all festival, adjudicator, accompanist members and Friends of the Federation
- access to our Organising a Festival guide
- guidelines on recommended rates and terms for adjudicators and accompanists
- best practice advice and guidance on Safeguarding children and young people
- a Disclosure & Barring checking service (formerly CRB Checks) for festivals in England and Wales
- blanket agreements on insurance and copyright for members
- a thorough application process to assess the ability of Potential New Adjudicators
- local support for festivals and adjudicators/accompanists through the Festivals Council, the Adjudicators Council and Regional Representatives
- regional forums for members organised throughout the UK
- Regional Championships
- an annual conference
- regular newsletters
- working with partners in the arts and voluntary sectors to increase participation in the arts:
For more information on becoming a member please click here.