We are delighted to be holding a live Conference in 2022 in the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. We have a varied programme to share over the weekend. We are especially pleased to have operatic bass Graeme Danby, and dancer and choreographer Eliot Smith as our guest speakers. Born in County Durham, Graeme's operatic career that spans over 39 years and he is recognised as one of the most prolific character bass soloists of his generation. Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, Eliot is the Founder & Creative Director of Eliot Smith Dance (ESD). He and his Principal Dancer Yamit Salazar will present and demonstrate the movement process of contemporary dance via the Martha Graham style.
You can read more about both speakers here.
Sessions over the weekend will include:
- New marking scheme for adjudicators
- Festival marketing, recruitment and managing change
- What’s new and inclusive: Interesting and accessible ideas for new classes. How can we encourage diversity in syllabus choices?
- How to manage those challenging conversations
- Use of appropriate language
- The future shape of conference
- Members' Forum
Last but not least, Steven Roberts and Debbie Norris will roll out the red carpet and launch our BIFF Centenary Film. Hollywood here we come!
For more information and to register for Conference 2022, please click on the links below. Please remember that you will need to be logged into your BIFF account to register.