On the 26th March 2020, the Government announced the COVID-19 Self Employment Income Support Scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide grants to self-employed individuals who have lost income due to the coronavirus.
You can apply if you’re a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership and you:
- have submitted your Income Tax Self Assessment tax return for the tax year 2018-19
- traded in the tax year 2019-20
- are trading when you apply, or would be except for COVID-19
- intend to continue to trade in the tax year 2020-21
- have lost trading/partnership trading profits due to COVID-19
The full requirements in relation to the scheme can be viewed here.