Hello everyone. I hope you are all staying safe in these very difficult and unusual times.
We are really looking forward running Wirral Festival of Music, Speech and Drama 2021.
We desperately need to replace our current Music Secretary. She is fortunately staying on the committee to support whoever takes on the role. If we don't replace her it is highly likely that we won't be able to run the Music side of the festival next year. I am sure like me you would be devastated.
We had a bumper lot of entries this year so it is clear that there is much interest in the Arts. We are also keen for the festival to run far beyond its 71st year! We are a small and very friendly committee and are passionate about providing opportunites for adults and children alike to take part in Music, Speech and Drama in a friendly and supportive environment. We will provide the new Music Secretary with as much support as they need.
The main aspects of the Job Role for the Music Secretary is below. Please email me for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks very much Caitlin Edwards (Chair)
Music Secretary Job Role
1) Receive entries until the closing date, January 31st
2) Time the total entries and assign them to classes in specific rooms and specific times. This needs a helper
3) Get this timetable on the website
4) Notify adjudicators of the timetable, espeically if they are needed for more or fewer sessions than expected.
5) Notify entrants of the timetable even though it is on the website
6) Inform the school of requirements
7) Take the entry folders to person doing program.
8) Sort accompanists' music and deliver it to them
9) Arrange volunteers for each session
10) Compile a grid of times of band and choir classes for helpers at their sessions
11) Check that there are enough adjudication sheets and certificates.
12) Prepare folders for the adjudicators' clerks with all class details
13) Thank adjudicators, accompanists and helpers post festival by email.
14) Engage adjudicators for next year, and prepare the syllabus to circulate in September.